Our FREE Short Stories are the perfect place to enjoy daily inspiration
1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
2. SILENCE - Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself;
avoid trifling conversation.
3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each
part of your business have its time.
4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform
without fail what you resolve.
5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or
yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something
useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and
justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the
benefits that are your duty.
9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries
so much as you think they deserve.
10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths,
11.TRANQUILLITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents
common or unavoidable.
12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring,
never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's
peace or reputation.
13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.